Healthcare technology has improved significantly over the past few years making quality healthcare available even in the most remote areas of the globe. Here are five improvements that everyone must know in the changing health scenario.
- Easily accessible health records: Till recently doctors had to rely on paper records which were maintained clumsily and often records were lost. But with all health records going digital it is easier to share records between practitioners for more efficient patient care.
- Telemedicine: In rural areas where there are no doctors patients can rely on computers and interact with doctors in other places. In fact, there are even ICUs which have telehealth services which have reduced the mortality rate by almost 26% according to reports.
- Home-based health monitoring tools: It is now possible for diabetics to regularly monitor their sugar levels with portable equipment designed to measure the glucose in the blood. Then there are pacemakers which send data automatically to the health center. These devices not only save time, money but also help in addressing issues in the nascent stage and prevent them from becoming fatal.
- Wearable technology: Now not only patients even health-conscious individuals can keep track of their health with wearable devices that not only give you information on how many calories you burnt, how many steps you climbed but also give information on your heart rate, pulse rate, and sleeping pattern. The more advanced ones of course measure the glucose levels in the body and release insulin as required. Basically, it has become easier to monitor health thanks to technology.
- Sequencing of genomes: The technology to sequence the human genetic material is earth-shattering as it paves way for cures for genetic disorders. Though there is a lot more to be done in this field, the future is bright and promising.
Technology has played a significant role in drug testing also. Check this out to know more.…